Director of College Counseling
Trinity Academy in Raleigh, NC seeks a Director of College Counseling to begin as early as Jan 1, 2022. The mission of Trinity Academy is to equip students to live with wisdom, excellence, and purpose in the modern world by offering an education grounded in the Christian faith and the classical tradition. Founded in 1995, Trinity is an independent college preparatory day school, enrolling approximately 540 students in transitional kindergarten through grade 12. The high school enrollment is 173. Nestled within a wooded 38-acres campus in North Raleigh, Trinity plans to break ground on a new 27,000 square foot Upper School academic building in the fall of 2021.
All Trinity faculty and staff demonstrate Christian maturity, affirm our Statement of Faith and desire to shepherd students’ hearts. We are a training ground where future researchers, government officials, and business leaders are learning to integrate their Christian worldview with their aspirations. We prepare young people to be lifelong learners who can evaluate life with precision, because they live with conviction. We will deliver the very best education possible while highlighting the true, the good, and the beautiful.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will possess at least a bachelor’s degree and four to six years of experience in college admissions and/or college counseling. Additional desired attributes include outstanding written and verbal communication skills, extensive knowledge of colleges and their programs, exceptional time-management and organizational skills, general flexibility, and the ability to work effectively as a team member. Please see the job description below.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, resume and answers to employment questions, found here to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of College Counseling
The Office of College Counseling will support students, according to their fullest potential, on their best path to college admissions, provide resources regarding college information, financial aid, and scholarship opportunities, help parents and students choose the best college options, and offer guidance to our seniors as they prepare to enter their freshman year of college.
College Admissions Process:
- Communicate with parents and students about the admission process, financial aid, and other issues pertaining to post-secondary opportunities. These areas of communication include special presentations, individual family conferences, and print materials.
- Help identify good fit colleges for each student.
- Write college recommendations, evaluations, and scholarship nominations for seniors.
- Cultivate relationships with college admission representatives and coordinate school visits.
- Visit colleges and universities to promote the interests of the school and students.
- Coordinate teacher recommendations and general college admission procedures.
- Stay current on the college admission landscape through attendance at professional development workshops and conferences. When time permits, attend annual conferences for ACCIS, SACAC and NACAC.
- Students and families feel supported and informed throughout the college process.
- Students apply to and are accepted at good-fit colleges and universities.
- The school is delivering exceptional individualized college counseling services.
- The Mission, Vision, Principles and Practices of Trinity Academy are evident in the operations of the College Counseling department.