SLO Classical Academy is looking for an experienced HR professional who will think outside-of-the-box in support of our dynamic and creative team! Learn more about us on our website!
POSITION PURPOSE / JOB SUMMARY
The Director of HR is responsible for managing the talent strategy, HR systems, relationships related to human resources and the development, retention and care of staff. As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, the Director of HR is also an active participant in the long-term growth of SLOCA, culture care, and other areas of oversight.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- College degree in related area or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in organizational design and human resources
- 5+ years experience in leadership development, personnel development/coaching and conflict resolution
- 3+ years in a successful leadership role/s inclusive of strategic planning, business development, budget management, people management and use of operational metrics
- Familiarity with school, non-profit and business laws
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leadership & Supervision - Contribute towards and facilitate leadership development, spearheading the cultivation of the next generation of SLOCA leaders; manage the HR team and budget.
- Staff Care - oversee and refine benefits programs, employee evaluation processes, leadership development programs, annual contracting process, conflict resolution.
- Staffing Strategy and Recruiting - manage and refine the recruitment process; develop talent pipelines; forecast staffing needs developing strategies to enable growth and diversity; maintain job descriptions; track market-based compensation trends.
- Regulatory Compliance and Reporting - Ensure compliance with all local, state, and national regulations and laws for nonprofits and private schools employment; employee records maintenance; assist with SLOCA policy development; ensure Employee Handbook is current.
Full time, year-round exempt with health benefits, tuition discount, holiday pay and paid time off.
$85 - $100k: Commensurate with experience