POSITION: Director of Human Resources
REPORTS TO: Superintendent
DUTY DAYS: 12 Months
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt
HOURS: 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
- Responsible for supporting the Superintendent in overall management of the district’s human resources functions.
- Supports the strategic planning and implementation of human resources programs to include professional and auxiliary staffing, wage and salary administration, leave administration, employee relations & records, benefits, unemployment claims.
- Implement legally sound and effective human resources management programs, policies and practices.
- Preferred Profile - Ideal Candidate will possess Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in a liberal arts field as well as extensive experience managing personnel, budgets, processes, and records in a classical school or school network.
- Minimum Requirements - Bachelor’s degree in human resources or equivalent, Master’s preferred, three years experience management in human resources or similar field.
- Human Resource Certifications Preferred
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Direct the day-to-day operations of the human resources department, including planning, development,coordination, and evaluation of operations and implementing department goals and objectives.
- Ensure district compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
- Assist in implementing a plan for addressing HR training needs throughout the district and develop and plan training programs to meet the established regulations.
- Support efforts to work with Heads of School and other administrators to forecast staffing needs and develop staffing plans. Develop and implement a screening and selection process for all applications.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the careers offices of liberal arts oriented colleges and universities, as well as key academic departments (math, English, Classics, History, Biology, etc.).
- Facilitate Division Heads’ (and/or their representatives’) attendance at relevant jobs fairs and conferences.
- Maintain a system for new employees to acquire appropriate information, support, and training necessary for success on the job.
- Oversee and manage the district’s compensation program. Collaborate with admin to review and write job descriptions.
- Provide oversight of the district’s leave, health insurance, optional employee benefits, worker’s compensation, and unemployment compensation benefit programs including overseeing relationship and insurance vendors and third-party administrators.
- Take a proactive role in identifying and responding to employee issues; work in collaboration with school leadership to ensure preemptive and effective employee communications.
- Assist Superintendent with investigation, analysis, and decision-making process regarding personnel problems and/or other related policy issues.
- Support personnel records management and help ensure compliance with the state records management program.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required.
- Stay abreast of current research and best practices in human resources management and development in educational and non-education related settings, and submit adjusted plans, policies, and procedures accordingly to the school board for approval.
- Stay abreast of HR policies, including compensation, at peer organizations
- Routinely identify areas in which HR processes can be improved, reducing stress and workload. Present proposals for change and, if approved by the board, create a plan and implement the proposed changes.
- Manages the workload of the HR team, adapting to the changes in need of their department.