Coram Deo Academy is a private Christian K-12 school
Statement of Faith
Coram Deo Academy hires individuals that profess the historic Christian faith. The Nicene Creed describes the minimum understanding of and subscription to Christian belief required of employees of the Academy. Every employee must also profess to be a Christian believer and subscribe to this statement. As evidence of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in their lives, Coram Deo Academy expects all employees to be actively involved in a local church where their faith in practice is consistent with the Academy’s statement of faith.
Under administrative direction of the Headmaster, coordinates and develops short and long range master plans for school housing facilities: develops, coordinates, implements and monitors school maintenance, equipment, construction projects, developer fees and all facilities contracts of all campuses of Coram Deo Academy.
FACILITIES MASTER PLANNING
- Designs and develops long range facility master plans and site acquisition needs.
- Maintains current and accurate records of all school and classroom facilities and develops plans for the most effective utilization of classroom and related instructional space.
- Reviews and assists in coordinating the equipping of school facilities and the formulation of budget allocations for equipment from all fund sources.
- Meets with parents and other groups to gather ideas and assistance and to explain recommendations or Board action to parents and the general public.
FACILITIES FINANCING PLANNING
- Assists in coordinating the development and implementation of a Facility Financing Plan, including development fees, design and management fees as well as municipal impact fees.
- Develops, in conjunction with the business office, facilities budgets and maintains appropriate records of income and expenditures, preparing and filing required reports as necessary. Verifies and authorizes payment of invoices.
- Prepares development agreements and performs all duties related to the update of justification documents for development and design fees.
IMPLEMENTATION OF FACILITIES AND FINANCING PLANS
- Directs the planning, development and acquisition of school buildings and sites, including educational specifications and preliminary designs and plans.
- Coordinates all relocation or classroom acquisition, movement and installation.
- Directs action necessary to provide for necessary rezoning, variances, easements, encroachments, permits, appraisals, rentals and leases of land.
- Acts as CDA's compliance officer for all code and zoning issues, and ensures compliance with all applicable local and state statutes related to commercial properties.
- Organizes and coordinates the CDA facilities advisory team which consists of administrative representatives, faculty and constituent representatives. This will include minutes of all meetings, etc.
- Develops, leads and evaluates all Request for Proposal (RFP) processes related to CDA facilities.
- Oversees project/contract management and supervision of contractors, inspectors, architects and all consultants.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements of contracts in conjunction with the school's legal counsel.
- Initiates and coordinates all facilities and construction related claims for reimbursement and audits of project closeouts in conjunction with the business office.
- Reviews and monitors expenditures of all projects for facilities construction to ensure budget compliance, in conjunction with business office.
- Ensures proper remedial, scheduled and preventative maintenance of all property, plant and equipment.
- Assists and supervises the maintenance personnel.
- Prepares necessary reports.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of all regulations and legislative applications.
- Acts as CDA's property manager, both for owned and leased facilities.
- Assists in the selection, orientation, supervision and evaluation of subordinate personnel.
- Ensures effective use and scheduling of all owned and leased transportation vehicles.
- Maintains a positive and effective working relationship with all property, plant and equipment vendors.
- KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY
- Valid Texas Driver's License and insurable under current CDA coverage.
- Effective oral and written skills.
- Familiar with legal processes related to the planning and funding of real property acquisition.
- Use of CAD software and the ability to read, evaluate and interpret architectural plans and specifications.
- Ability to establish relationships with federal, state, county and city planning departments.
- Management, budgeting and contract administration practices.
- Problem-solving processes and techniques.
- Ability to evaluate statistical research and use in forecasting and planning.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of a four year accredited college or university with a degree in business administration or construction management or equivalent experience.
- Complete within a reasonable period after employment of a certification program in educational facilities planning.
- Minimum of three years experience in managing construction or maintenance operations, projects and teams.
- Minimum of five years experience managing facilities projects with property values in excess of $ 5,000,000.00.
$55,000.00 - $60,000.00
This position reports to the Headmaster.
All full-time and part-time facilities and maintenance personnel report to this position.