Veritas Grammar School Principal 2022 - 2023
Veritas Classical Academy, a K-12 Classical, Christian school in Fullerton, CA, is seeking an experienced principal to manage the grammar school operations and provide strong leadership for our JK-6th grade students, faculty and staff. The Grammar School Principal will have oversight of day-to-day operations, recruit, guide and support the faculty, equip and communicate with parents, student achievement, spiritual formation, student safety, and classroom management.
Job Description The Principal leads the school’s vision, mission, and strategic goals to develop students academically, spiritually, and physically using a classical model of education from the lens of a Christian worldview.
Example of duties:
- To provide Christ-centered, Biblically-directed, spiritual leadership to grammar school.
- To assist in developing/revising the master schedule of classes for the grammar school and to assist with the course catalog and booklists.
- To develop procedures for smooth operations at the grammar school.
- To assist the Headmaster in planning and implementing strategies for organized parent input and involvement in the grammar school.
- To plan and present at parent training sessions to better equip parents as co-teachers and mentors.
- To conduct family interviews for prospective families, especially JK-6th.
- To coordinate with the Director of Admissions and oversee the kindergarten readiness evaluation and confer with prospective kindergarten families.
- To inspire, guide, direct, evaluate grammar school faculty.
- To recruit, hire and supervise grammar school faculty.
- To develop and maintain programs for professional growth and development for grammar school faculty.
- To plan and lead staff development days.
- To play an active role with department heads in curriculum development and to approve the yearly syllabus for each course.
- Develop programs that improve teacher performance and assist students in understanding class material better
- Cultivate leadership in teachers and staff to assist in improving the school
- Respond immediately to concerns from parents and school board administrators
- Regularly conduct performance reviews for teachers and staff
- Ensure that teachers have what they need to effectively prepare students for the next level of education
QUALIFICATIONS (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS):
- Faith in Jesus Christ as his/her personal Savior.
- A belief that the Bible is God’s Word and is the standard for faith and daily living.
- Agrees wholeheartedly with Veritas Classical Academy’s Statement of Faith.
- Is a Christian who is an active member of a Christ-centered church, and will remain so during the period of employment, growing in his/her Christian relationship with God, and actively practicing and exhibiting Christian principles of the Christian faith; seeks to model in speech, actions, and attitude a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ
- Master’s Degree in Education or proven experience leading a school
- 2+ years experience as a Principal or in a school leadership role
- Possesses a clear knowledge, understanding, and heart for classical and Christian education.
- Proven history in improving teacher performance
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; bilingual preferred
- Is able to articulate a Christian (biblical) philosophy of education and implement this philosophy at all levels of the school.
- Is able to communicate openly and honestly with the Headmaster and Board.
Job Type: Full-time, 7:50 AM-4:30 PM, Monday – Friday, 48 weeks
To apply: Ideal applicants are mature in their Christian faith and are committed to Classical, Christian education. Please send resume and cover letter to the Headmaster Dr. David Kim (email@example.com). Cover letters should include what draws you to apply at Veritas, how your faith impacts your daily life, and how your education and/or past experience could be used at our school.