HEAD OF SCHOOL
CHRIST COVENANT SCHOOL
Christ Covenant School (CCS) located in Winterville, NC is seeking a Head of School. CCS is a non-denominational, independent JK-12 classical Christian school of 370 students. CCS currently operates on two campuses; Lower School (JK-6) and the Upper School (7-12.) CCS is conducting a capital campaign in order to consolidate campuses.
Winterville is a small town just outside Greenville, NC. Greenville is the 12th-most populous city in North Carolina and is the health, entertainment, and educational hub of Eastern North Carolina. Greenville is home to East Carolina University, the fourth-largest university in the University of North Carolina system, and ECU Health Medical Center, the flagship hospital for ECU Health and the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine.
CCS is a stable and growing school with an outstanding classical Christian curriculum. The school has a strong faculty, Leadership Team, and a supportive Board. With the HOS’s expert guidance, they will all work together to attend to the intellectual, spiritual, emotional, social, and physical growth of each child, in order to fulfill the CCS vision, which is “To be a community that loves, educates and equips our students to transform the world for Jesus Christ.”
The Christ Covenant School Head of School (HOS) is the chief academic and administrative officer. The HOS carries out all duties and responsibilities to the glory of God and to the benefit of the educational program. The HOS reports directly to the Board of Directors for all academic, personnel, administrative, and developmental matters of the school according to the policies and procedures established by it. The HOS faithfully promotes the school's Christian and classical philosophy of education to current and prospective families, to faculty and staff, to local churches, and to the community, at large. CCS cultivates wisdom and virtue in its students by nurturing their souls on truth, goodness, and beauty and develops students who will succeed academically, reason critically and rightly, communicate truth effectively, and enter into a lifetime pursuit of learning and living that affects their culture for the glory of Christ. The Head of School supports the mission of the school by wholeheartedly agreeing with and upholding the Statement of Faith and embodying the CCS Seven Pillars of Culture (Respect, Order, Unity, Diligence, Humility, Integrity, and Courage.)
Christ Covenant School Vision and Statement of Faith
The HOS must be willing to lead the school on a daily basis with a servant’s heart, believe in the vision for the school and have a passion for classical Christian education.
The HOS will be the academic and instructional leader of the school, while also providing feedback and consultation in the financial and business affairs of the school alongside the Chief Financial Officer. In addition, the HOS will lead the school in institutional advancement and development in the areas of student recruitment, marketing and public relations.
The HOS must be a person who can provide effective and Biblical leadership to facilitate and continue the pattern of excellence and growth that CCS has established. This person must be one who can not only provide that leadership, but at the same time, love and care for the entire faculty, staff, students, and their families.
- Oversee and protect a joyful Christian learning environment that cultivates virtue and teaches students to embody goodness, truth, and beauty.
- Maintain/create programs and activities which align with the CCS mission, vision, Statement of Purpose, and educational model.
- Develop and maintain excellent public relations with school families, local church ministries, and the public.
- Maintain regular communication with the constituencies of the school through newsletters, direct mail, email correspondence, social media platforms, and the website.
- Lead the school in the on-going process of strategic planning.
- In concert with the Board of Directors, prioritize long and short-term fund-raising endeavors.
- Build and cultivate relationships with donors and prospective donors.
- Oversee recruitment, assignment, evaluation, training, enrichment, development, and encouragement of the teaching and administrative staff.
- Direct the daily operations of the school by supervising staff and faculty.
- Create clear job responsibilities, duties, performance expectations for staff and faculty.
- Be accessible to students, faculty and staff, and families by engaging in classroom visits, athletic events, field trips, and social activities.
- Update/Maintain school policy manuals for approval by Board.
- Provide leadership and delegation of duties to key staff to maintain accreditation.
- The HOS will hold an ex officio, non-voting seat on the Board.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree recommended.
- 5+ years of experience in educational leadership, to include management/leadership experience.
- Previous professional or personal experience with Christian education.
- Prior Classroom teaching experience/knowledge.
- Profess a belief in Jesus Christ and live a lifestyle that reflects maturity and intimacy with God.
- Be an able servant-leader whose conduct exemplifies Biblical principles.
- Interact with community stakeholders with kindness, humility, and patience.
- Champion of the classical Christian approach to education.
- Embrace and emulate the Vision, and Statement of Faith of Christ Covenant School.
- Be a team player, able to work closely with the Leadership Team, faculty/staff and Board of Directors.
- Be effective at verbal and written communication, in both individual and group settings.
- Exercise attention to detail, be self-motivated and highly organized, and possess strong problem-solving skills.
Interested candidates should provide a resume, cover letter of interest in, and qualifications for, the position, a list of references with contact information, as well as salary requirements to Eric Clark, President-CCS Board of Directors at email@example.com