Austin Classical School is a classical, Christian, collaborative school in Austin, Texas, currently serving PreKindergarten through 9th grade. ACS exists to glorify Jesus Christ by co-laboring with families to cultivate wise, virtuous, and humble students through an excellent classical, Christian education.
In our collaborative model, Grammar School students (PreK-4th) are on campus two days per week (M/W), School of Logic students (5th-8th) are on campus three days per week (M/W/Th), and School of Rhetoric students (9th-12th) are on campus four days per week (M-Th). On the remaining weekdays, students are at home completing assigned work independently or under the guidance of their co-teaching parents.
Entering our 9th year of operation, the ACS leadership team is working to solidify our School of Logic and to build out our School of Rhetoric through the 12th grade. We are currently seeking an experienced administrator to anchor our Upper School and to lead the build out of the School of Rhetoric.
- Professes belief in Jesus Christ and has a lifestyle that reflects maturity and intimacy with God;
- Truly enjoys engaging with middle and high school students;
- Has a deep passion for truth, goodness and beauty within the scope of a liberal arts education;
- Experienced in classical Christian education, particularly with grades 9-12;
- Experienced in a collaborative model (desirable but not required);
- Has demonstrated supervisory leadership of faculty;
- Possesses strong administrative and communication skills;
- Enjoys working as part of a team of believers called by God to create a school dedicated to His glory;
- Is a self-starter with a positive, “can do” attitude and a sense of humor;
- Demonstrates a willingness to continue to learn and grow as a professional;
- Joyfully affirms our Statement of Faith;
- Possesses at least a master’s degree and relevant teaching and/or school administration experience
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide strong, collaborative leadership in the buildout of the Upper School - faculty, curriculum, and programs - to deliver an excellent classical Christian educational experience.
- Help recruit, train, support, and retain faculty whose philosophies and approaches match those of ACS.
- Be an integral part of shaping the Upper School culture consistent with the vision set forth by the Board and Head of School.
- Promote a warm, Christ-centered atmosphere within Austin Classical and embody our core values of dependence on God, humility, trust, and grace.
- Serve as the Upper School’s primary spokesperson and cast vision for the value and benefits of classical Christian education.
- Maintain excellent relationships with parents, faculty, staff, and students.
- Demonstrate involvement in the daily life and activities of Upper School students and focus on their academic and spiritual formation.
- Collaborate with the Head of Grammar to ensure vertical alignment and seamless transition between the Grammar and Upper Schools.
- Develop, apply, and maintain strategies to continuously improve processes and procedures to maximize the efforts of faculty and students in an environment conducive to spiritual and educational growth and achievement.
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary for this full-time position is based on experience and qualifications and is paid out over 12 months.
For more information, please visit our website www.austinclassical.org. If you are interested in joining the ACS team, please send your resume and cover letter to Liz Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.