Covenant Christian Academy is seeking a qualified secondary school professional in the area of Latin education for Latin courses in middle and secondary school. The candidate for this position should hold a Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) in Latin or Ancient Languages and have experience teaching Latin at the middle and/or secondary school level. The candidate must have mastery of the field(s), the ability to flourish in our distinctly Christian and Classical model, and a passion for teaching Latin through dynamic curricula that integrate written and spoken Latin. Potential for teaching related humanities coursework may also exist.
An Upper School faculty position includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Plan and teach Latin 7, 8, Latin III and Latin Language and Literature (Latin IV)
- Plan and facilitate all grammar mastery and vocabulary building for the courses listed above. Students should be able to translate Latin fluidly by their third and fourth year.
- Manage and maintain Latin classroom and supplementary language-learning materials, including recommendations for additional materials that would enhance student learning
- Oversee curriculum review and recommendations for the Latin program.
- Prepare Latin students at all levels to succeed on the annual National Latin Exam.
- Be available for weekly Upper School faculty meetings.
- Attend a limited number of specified school events as representative of the CCA Upper School faculty, including “Back to School Night,” “Discover Covenant,” Admissions Events and others.
- Be available during set hours each week to work with students individually for tutoring and/or coaching in the area of Latin language learning.
- Must be willing to sign CCA’s Statement of Faith and Core Values. Must maintain the highest Christian virtue and personal decorum, serving as a Christian role model and mentor both in and out of school, to students, parents, fellow faculty members and employees in judgment, dignity, respect, and Christian living.
This Latin Faculty position is a full-time position with benefits. Supplemental income from after-school programs and/or individual tutoring may be available.
Contract runs: Available immediately through June 2022; teaching is on a 10 month cycle.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, professional resume, Christian faith statement, and philosophy of Christian education summary.
Submit requested materials to:
Tracy C. Bennett, USLR Dean of Academics
Covenant Christian Academy
83 Pine Street, West Peabody, MA 01960
Position will remain open until filled. Candidate interviews will be scheduled following review of requested material. Position may be filled at anytime through the search process once a desired candidate has been identified