The Covenant School, an independent Christian Liberal Arts and Sciences school for pre-kindergarten through grade 12 located in Charlottesville, Virginia, is seeking to fill a full-time position for a Librarian on the Hickory Campus.
The Hickory Campus Librarian is responsible for promoting school-wide literacy through library programming and collection development, supporting teachers and students with research and literacy skills, and maintaining a friendly and supportive environment in the library that is conducive to learning. The Librarian also works with teachers to teach and uphold the campus-wide ethical use of information, such as plagiarism instruction, copyright, and MLA source citations. Additionally, the Librarian provides support for the Academic Resource Center in coordination with the Director of Academic Support.
Successful applicants will have:
- A mature and thoughtful commitment to Christ;
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university, Master’s degree preferred;
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a second (and/or middle) school setting;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Thorough understanding of professional ethics and confidentiality;
- Strong information technology skills and an aptitude for problem-solving; and
- Experience with office-based computer software including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Good Drive/Mail Scheduling (Experience with Blackbaud is a plus).
Interested qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Cindy DeNome, Assistant to the Head of Upper School, at email@example.com