The mission of The Vanguard School is to help guide students in development of their character and academic potential through academically rigorous, content-rich educational programs.
Valuable Final Product: Upper elementary literature curriculum that is coordinated, lesson plans that are aligned and develop student skill across the years, and expert literature instruction.
The Upper Elementary Literature Specialist will serve as the primary point of contact for upper elementary literature teachers in respect to content knowledge, lesson implementation and planning and preparation. The Upper Elementary Literature Specialist will support the professional growth of upper elementary literature teachers and assist them in making relevant literature connections across grade levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain collective knowledge of the upper elementary literature curriculum
- Meet with grade level teams to assist in implementation of the literature curriculum
- Assist teachers with analyzing data and ensuring appropriate pacing
- Model lessons in the classroom as needed
- Teach literature groups at all levels 4th – 6th
- Instruct students on interpreting classical literature
- Teach students about the structure and content of the English language, including proper grammar, spelling, and sentence structure
- Serve as a resource for instructional strategies/materials
- Maintain standards of student behavior
Other Duties and Responsibilities: As needed or assigned
The Upper Elementary Literature Specialist must be considered Highly Qualified.
The Upper Elementary Literature Specialist must demonstrate successful implementation of Vanguard’s Instructional Program.