Job Title: Lower School Art Teacher
Position Type: Faculty, Non-exempt, Part time, 10 mo.
Reports To: Division Head
Closing Date: When Filled
Start Date: August 2018 for 2018-2019 academic year
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Application: Accepted at http://www.tbcs.org/jobs
The Bear Creek School is a classical Christian School for Preschool – 12th grade. We are a nondenominational, private, day school accredited by the Northwest Association of Independent Schools (NWAIS). Please see our website, www.tbcs.org, for additional information.
Teaches lower school art classes using a Christian Classical Educational model. Instructs in the elements of art and techniques of the various media including painting, print making, drawing, and other art medium. Teaches and approaches daily activities from a Christian Worldview.
- Prepare weekly lesson plans, available for review by Division Head
- Maintain classroom management conducive to learning
- Inform Division Head and parents of student’s academic or behavioral difficulties, work together as a team to plan and implement success strategies
- Complete progress and grade reports for each student in a timely manner using school guidelines
- Keep accurate and detailed records of each student’s progress to substantiate reports
- Participate in collaborative evaluation process with Division Head and VP for Academic Affairs
- Collaborate with fine and performing arts department to develop and coordinate specific plans for implementing school curriculum and policy
- Increase knowledge by participating in professional development opportunities
- Attend division meetings
- Attend school events outside regular school hours including, but not limited to: curriculum night, new family events, drama performances, Parent/Teacher Conferences and professional development sessions
- Manage the art budget with Division Head oversight and request authorization for all expenditures
- Provide Division Head with list of specific curriculum purchases necessary for upcoming school year
- Arrive one half hour before class time begins and stay one half hour after class time ends
- Dress in a professional manner
- Keep classroom neat and pleasant in appearance
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Art preferred, a degree in art education also preferred
- Teaching credential preferred
- Experience working with Middle and Upper School students preferred
- Familiarity with classical methodology and Christian Worldview integration preferred
Critical Performance Competencies
- Positive support of the school’s policies and practices
- Work collaboratively in a professional organization
- Truthful, positive, and purposeful when communicating with others
- Able to use strong written and oral communication skills to transfer thoughts and express ideas
- Flexible and adaptable in dealing with new, different or changing requirements
- Maintain confidentiality and security of information.
- Hold self and others accountable to accomplish results
- Effective in handling multiple concurrent tasks
- Familiar with Microsoft Word and Outlook, ability to learn and work with the school’s integrated data-based software package as needed
- Adhere to biblical standards in all areas of conduct
- Requires standing for long periods of time.
- Able to make visual and auditory evaluation of student work and performance
The Bear Creek School is an equal opportunity employer and is required by law to perform background checks on selected qualified candidates. All employees of The Bear Creek School must agree to carry out their responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with The Bear Creek School’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Employee Handbook, and conduct themselves in a manner consistent with Biblical standards.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees and students.