Veritas School is a community of over 600 students and 90 faculty with a beautiful campus in Richmond's historic Northside. At Veritas, we believe that a good education plays the long game, and we seek to prepare students not only for college but for life. We offer a robust JK-12 classical education in a joyous and Christ-centered environment using a curriculum that is rooted in our belief that all areas of study provide opportunities to discern and emulate the True, the Good, and the Beautiful. Veritas School is fully accredited and has consistently won local Top Workplace awards for creating a culture where employees feel engaged, appreciated and fulfilled.
The Junior Kindergarten through 2nd grade teacher provides classroom instruction to students across a variety of subjects with a strong emphasis on math and early reading skills, and guides students through the routines, procedures, classes, and tasks of the school day. The position requires an educator who is a mature Christian who loves teaching and shepherding children. He or she should be a person who is personable, organized, and committed to providing a caring and engaging learning environment in which students’ minds, hearts, and souls are cultivated and nurtured.
- Plan and implement instruction for students across the school day
- Build rapport and relationship with students
- Build rapport and relationship with parents
- Communicate with parents regarding the progress of the student, both academically, socially, emotionally, and spiritually
- Utilize effective classroom management skills for implementing lessons, and setting and maintaining clear expectations for behavior, participation, and progress in the class
- Shepherd students’ hearts and minds by providing Biblical, gospel-filled instruction, correction, and encouragement
- Maintain an orderly classroom environment
- Monitor and evaluate students’ participation and progress and communicate that with parents through written report cards and through conversations as needed
- Work collegially with grade-level teaching team
- Participate in faculty meetings and in the overall life and community of the school
- Possess a solid knowledge of the skills and subjects being taught
- Understand school culture, policies, and procedures
- Understand classroom management and teaching skills
- Effective teacher
- Attentive shepherd
- Team player
- Diligent worker
- Life-long learner
- Relational, able to build rapport; good listener
- Clear communicator, both in speaking and writing
- A mature Christian faith, displayed in godly conduct, firm personal convictions, and charity towards different but historically orthodox positions
- An enjoyment of being with children
- A commitment to the mission and vision of Veritas School
- A love for others, shown in kindness, patience, and a willingness to confront wrongs, resolve conflict, and pursue peace and reconciliation
- A teachable spirit and life-long learner
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in education or a related field from an accredited university or college.
Full-time, ten months with standard school breaks during the school year.