Veritas Preparatory School of Greenville, SC Seeking Math Chair
Veritas Preparatory School is an independent Classical, Christian, University Model School in the flourishing city of Greenville, SC. The vision of Veritas is to be a community of students and families growing in the love of God as courageous learners, thoughtful communicators, and gracious servants. Founded by a group of parents in 2012, Veritas currently enrolls 183 students in grades K-11. As we extend our Upper School through 12th grade, we are seeking a Chair of Math to help develop a Classical Christian curriculum for those subjects and to teach in our upper grades.
Our faculty form a community of learners; they strive to be models of Christian life and thought, and able mentors of both children and families. They must be committed members of a local church body and agree with our statement of faith. (Available online here: https://www.veritasgreenville.com/christian-education) The Math Chair should have substantial experience in Classical Christian classrooms and should be able to articulate the place of the study of math in a Classical Christian education. Experience in a University Model school is highly desirable. Candidates should have an entrepreneurial spirit with energy for creating and shaping the school and its curriculum, training parents, and cultivating the faculty.
- Refine Veritas’ goals for math and develop a curriculum for the maths that is consonant with our Classical Christian approach.
- Direct Math training for faculty and families, participating in summer and other occasional development sessions.
- Observe and work with math teachers across the school, with special focus on the middle and high school.
- Teach four courses per year, meeting on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday (in 2021-2022, likely Math 9, Math 10, Math 11, and Math 12). The chair will also play a role in setting teachers’ schedules. (In the future, the Chair will fully take over this responsibility.)
- Meet with the Upper School Principal and other Chairs as necessary.
- Hold Friday office/tutoring hours.
Salary is competitive, and a tuition discount is offered to children of faculty; enrollment in the school is strongly encouraged.
Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or may be mailed to Jon McCord, 701 Cleveland Street Greenville, SC 29601.