Position: Math Instructional Specialist (Hiring for the 2023 - 2024 School Year)
Reports to: Headmaster
Employee Status: Exempt
Serve as math specialist and interventionist for K-8 math students. Assist and train teachers in
developing Singapore math pedagogy in alignment with the TEKS. Assist campus leadership in
conducting needs assessment and campus planning in the area of overall student achievement in math. Work cooperatively with teachers, parents, and other personnel regarding individual student needs in math. Oversee MTSS and HB4545 services for K-8 students in math.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university (preferably in Mathematics or classical studies); Master’s preferred
Previous experience teaching Mathematics in a classical education setting is preferred
Special Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of mathematics, preferably Singapore Math and conceptual math
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- General Knowledge of state curriculum and assessments
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Ability to train and mentor teachers in mathematics instruction
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist teachers in aligning Singapore math pedagogy with TEKS objectives by grade level
- Work with Headmaster and Student Services Coordinator to develop plans for HB4545 math tutoring for students in grades 3-8
- Provide benchmark data and reports to teachers and assist in developing classroom and
individual intervention plans in conjunction with the Student Services Coordinator
- Assist K-8 teachers in implementing appropriate math instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned
- Work with small groups of students; help students develop conceptual understanding and
procedural fluency in mathematical
- Assist teachers in differentiating instruction based on assessment data/standardized test
results using classical pedagogy and Singapore math instructional strategies.
- Plan, prepare, and model Singapore math instructional methods and activities.
- Be a positive, virtuous role model for students and support the mission of the school district.
- Perform other administrative and supervisory duties as needed/assigned.
- Attend professional development as appropriate.
Means to Meet Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collaboration, mentoring, and consultation with teachers concerning practices and methods in accordance with current math curriculum and Classical education elements.
- Working with students in the classroom and small group environments.
- Continually communicating with administrators about progress and overall curriculum
applications on a quarterly basis.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job
and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. Aristoi Classical Academy is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, or ability. This job description summary does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed. This job description is subject to change in response to funding variables, emerging technologies, improved operating procedures, productivity factors, and unforeseen events.