Help provide the best education in Africa for orphaned and impoverished African youth, teaching them to love what is true, good, and beautiful. Inspire African faculty to be teachers who love God, love their students, and love learning.
As a principal in a Rafiki school in Africa, you will work with the missionary headmaster to oversee the operation and activities of the school. You will also model best practices and train African teachers using the Rafiki classical Christian education curriculum.
We are asking the Lord for four classical Christian educators to bring life-changing education to needy students in Africa by serving as principals in the Rafiki classical Christian schools in Liberia, Malawi, Rwanda, and Zambia.
- A follower of Christ whose life exhibits the good works and fruit of the Spirit which accompany salvation
- At least a bachelor’s degree, and for some countries a master’s degree, in an education-related field and passion for classical learning
- A willingness to raise prayer and financial support
- The successful completion of missionary training at the Rafiki Home Office in Eustis, Florida
- Agreement with Rafiki’s Statement of Faith
- Teaching experience in a classical Christian school
A short-term missionary about her experience using Rafiki’s classical Christian curriculum: “[Rafiki students] are exposed to facets of learning I never had as a teacher nor as a student in the United States. The Freshmen class begins the study of Othello next Monday; the Sophomore class is just finishing a 7-week study of English poet John Donne; a week ago the 6th graders acted out a scene from The Iliad, Homer’s adventures of Ulysses.”
Interested educators may contact the Missions Coordinator Geri Sullivan at GeriS@RafikiFoundation.org or 352-483-9976. Find more details at www.rafikifoundation.org.