At Founders Classical Academies we promote a two-thousand-year-old liberal arts and sciences tradition. Our school is classical, but it is also, in a manner of speaking, cutting edge. In fact, we promote the somewhat countercultural notion that students are made for, and should be educated for, much more than jobs and careers. We view students for who and what they are, dignified human beings endowed with natural rights and gifts. With this in mind, we have a tremendous responsibility to help parents cultivate students and their gifts so they can live good and happy lives in a state of liberty. This is the essence of a liberal arts education
Under direct supervision of campus administration, performs a variety of routine clerical work, following prescribed procedures, to accurately record student attendance and tardiness in an automated system for the district. A high degree of attention to detail and accuracy in recordkeeping is essential to perform these duties.
Education/Certification, and Experience
- High school degree or GED
- One year of office experience (preferred)
- Familiar with office equipment, such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Ability to work with children, love for children and learning
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Inputs and logs all student absences and tardiness, into an automated system.
- Issues passes to students that arrive late to school and enters into the computerprogram with a reason for tardiness.
- Prepares and mails form letters to parents notifying them of their child’s excessive
- absences and/or lateness.
- Distributes letters regarding absences to appropriate department or teacher and maintains copies in office.
- Retrieves data and compiles information from manual and automated files for the
- preparation of routine reports and correspondence regarding attendance.
- Prepares daily, weekly and/or monthly attendance reports and submits to designated
- administrators or school district personnel.
- Calls parents to notify about and determine the reason for student’s absence.
- Uses the telephone to request and give routine information to parents and school district
- Issues and processes all requests for early dismissal and ensures parental consent.
- Maintains files of school district attendance records.
- Uses computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, word
- processing, calendar, e-mail, and database software in performing work assignments.
- Other duties as assigned
All equipment required to perform jobs duties and task previously described.
Physical / Environmental Factors:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsive Education Solutions considers applicants for all positions without regards to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital status, veteran or military status, disability, or any other legally protected status. ResponsiveEd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.