Rhetoric School Instructor, Grades 9-12: The Rhetoric School Instructor will teach Spanish 1, Latin 2 and a Humanities/Theology elective to high school grade students using classical methods and a Biblical worldview.
This is a full-time, academic year position. In general, the workday is 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., five days a week for ten months. There is a mandatory faculty meeting once a week from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. Exceptions are when the school is closed for designated holiday breaks.
- A disciple of Jesus Christ and as such, one who models a love for God through obedience to His Word. Such obedience is evidenced through convictions, lifestyle and worldview
- A full and unreserved supporter of the school’s Statement of Faith
- An experienced teacher from an educational or ministerial setting for a period of time sufficient to develop and hone the basic skills of teaching and in order to learn if the profession meets his or her interest, ability and calling.
- A mentor of students, comfortable in working with teenagers in a discipleship-oriented setting
- A holder of a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
- Knowledge of and experience with the philosophy of classical Christian education
- Five years teaching experience in an educational setting
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to HR Director Sheri Palermo at email@example.com.