River Hills Christian Academy
School of Logic Teacher
JOB DESCRIPTION - Essential Functions
The teacher shall:
1. Reflect the purpose of the school, which is to honor Christ in every class and in every activity.
2. Motivate students to accept God's gift of salvation and help them grow in their faith through their witness and Christian role modeling.
3. Lead students to a realization of their self-worth in Christ.
4. Cooperate with the Board and administration in implementing all policies, procedures, and
directives governing the operation of the school.
5. Teach classes as assigned following prescribed scope and sequence as scheduled by the
6. Integrate biblical principles and the Christian philosophy of education throughout the curriculum
7. Keep proper discipline in the classroom and on the school premises for a good learning
8. Maintain a clean, attractive, well-ordered classroom.
9. Plan broadly through the use of semester and quarterly plans and objectives, and more currently
through the use of daily and weekly lesson plans.
10. Plan a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and
abilities of the students, challenging each to do his/her best work.
11. Utilize Classical teaching techniques to achieve curriculum goals within the framework of the school's Classical, Christian philosophy.
12. Employ a variety of instructional aids, methods, and materials that will provide for creative
teaching to reach the whole child: spiritual, mental, physical, social, and emotional.
13. Use homework effectively for drill, review, enrichment, or project work.
14. Assess the learning of students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
15. Maintain regular and accurate attendance and grade records to meet the demands for a
comprehensive knowledge of each student's progress.
16. Keep students, parents, and the administration adequately informed of progress or deficiencies and
give sufficient notice of failure.
17. Recognize the need for good public relations. Represent the school in a favorable and professional manner to the school's constituency and the general public.
18. Develop and maintain rapport with students, parents, and staff by treating others with friendliness, dignity, and consideration.
19. Follow the Matthew 18 principle in dealing with conflict with students, parents, staff, and
20. Seek the counsel of the administrator, colleagues, and parents while maintaining a teachable attitude.
21. Attend and participate in scheduled devotional, in-service, retreats, committee, faculty, and school activities.
22. Know the procedures for dealing with issues of an emergency nature.
23. Inform the administration in a timely manner if unable to fulfill any duty assigned.
24. Prepare adequate information and materials for a substitute teacher.
JOB DESCRIPTION- Supplemental Functions
The teacher shall:
1. Supervise extracurricular activities, organizations, and outings as assigned.
2. Utilize educational opportunities and evaluation processes for professional growth.
3. Provide input and constructive recommendations for administrative and managerial functions in the school.
4. Support the broader program of the school by attending extracurricular activities when possible.
5. Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the administration.