At Founders Classical Academies we promote a two thousand year old liberal arts and sciences tradition. Our school is classical, but it is also, in a manner of speaking, cutting edge. In fact, we promote the somewhat countercultural notion that students are made for, and should be educated for, much more than jobs and careers. We view students for who and what they are, dignified human beings endowed with natural rights and gifts. With this in mind, we have a tremendous responsibility to help parents cultivate students and their gifts so they can live good and happy lives in a state of liberty. This is the essence of a liberal arts education.
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Ability to work with children, love for children and learning
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
- Assesses player’s skills and assigns team positions.
- Coaches and instructs players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment and techniques of the sport.
- Observes players, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior and provides proper supervision of athletes at all times.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Conferences with parents/guardians, as necessary, regarding the athletic performance of their student.
- Follows state, regional, and district regulations governing the athletic program.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Follows established procedures for the proper care, maintenance, and requisitioning of equipment, supplies, and uniforms.
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
- Other Duties as assigned
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Duties are normally performed in a school environment or outdoors. Duties may be performed away from school. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
All equipment required to perform duties and tasks were previously described.
Physical / Environmental Factors:
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Agility to lift up to 25 pounds to shoulder height and 50 pounds to waist height; and to bend, to stoop, to sit on the floor, to climb stairs, to walk and to reach overhead. Responsive Education Solutions considers applicants for all positions without regards to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital status, veteran or military status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. ResponsiveEd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.