Position: Third Grade Teacher for 2021-2022 School Year
Delaware Valley Classical School (DVCS) strives to deepen our students’ relationship with Jesus Christ and prepare them for fruitful and joyful service. The ideal candidate is passionate about God, children, and classical Christian education, and has a desire to cultivate wisdom and virtue in the souls of students through instruction across the school’s curriculum. He or she is a gifted and experienced teacher and joyful communicator, able to relate well to and appropriately challenge middle grammar-aged students. The candidate will love reading, with and to students, is a life-long learner, and will utilize grade appropriate methods of assessment. The ability to shepherd students in the truth of God’s Word is vital.
The hallmarks of the teaching environment at DVCS are excellence in academics inspired by a challenging classical curriculum with a biblical world-view; an uncluttered, disciplined atmosphere that focuses on high standards of behavior and Christian character; a partnership with supportive and involved parents, and strong collegiality and camaraderie among the faculty and staff. Faculty members should have deep knowledge about the class/grade they are teaching as well as being faithful Christ-followers who desire to partner with parents to shepherd the hearts of our students.
- Two years of teaching experience preferred with exceptions granted for outstanding candidates with demonstrated teaching gifts and call.
- Mastery of subject matters to be taught, as demonstrated by references, education, and achievement.
- A credible profession of repentance and faith in Jesus Christ, commitment to a life of faith.
- Godly character (pastoral and other character references may be requested).
- Knowledge of Scripture and the ability to apply Biblical truth in interactions with students.
- Ability to articulate a biblical worldview and integrate that worldview into all subject matters.
- Understanding of and alignment with the mission, philosophy, and pedagogy of DVCS.
- A genuine love for children and a desire to nurture them in their academic growth and spiritual development.
If interested, please submit a cover letter, CV or résumé, and a completed application (found on the DVCS webpage at https://www.delawarevalleyclassicalschools.org/employment-opportunities/) to Anthony Urti, Head of School, by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.