The Geneva School is looking for experienced, upper grammar-school teachers with the ability to teach language arts, mathematics, history, and Bible courses. Full-time position for 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th grade.
Qualified candidates will:
- Hold at least a bachelor’s degree in elementary education.
- Have experience teaching the above listed courses in an elementary classroom setting.
- Be eager to work on a grade-level team to plan instruction and other student experiences such as plays, field trips, and simulations.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate well with parents.
- Display a love for learning and a passion to cultivate that love in their students.
- Agree with the school’s statement of faith, attend and be in good standing with a Christian church, and live a life of discipleship under the Lordship of Jesus Christ
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 3+ years grammar-school teaching experience in a Christian classical school.
- Understand classical liberal arts education as it applies to grammar school instruction.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and skill in implementing classical curriculum and pedagogy, and seek to grow in his/her understanding of this tradition in order to re-imagine and embody the richest practices of Christian, liberal arts education.
- Be capable of instilling in students the art of math, the art of language, and the love of story.