Job Title: Upper School English Teacher
Position Type: Faculty, Non-exempt, Full-time, 10-mo.
Reports to: Division Head
Closing Date: When Filled
Start Date: August 2022 for the 2022-2023 academic year
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement
The Bear Creek School is a classical Christian School for Preschool – 12th grade. We are a nondenominational, private, day school accredited by the Northwest Association of Independent Schools (NWAIS) and Cognia (formerly AdvancEd). Please see our website, www.tbcs.org, for additional information.
The Bear Creek School is seeking English teachers for the 2022-2023 school year. This position will include upper school English classes and may include AP courses.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Teaching experience preferred
- Familiarity or experience with the classical Christian education model preferred
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer. No sponsorship is available for this position
Critical Performance Competencies
- Positively support the school’s policies and practices and work collaboratively in a professional organization
- Truthful, positive, and purposeful when communicating with others
- Able to use strong written and oral communication skills to transfer thoughts and express ideas
- Flexible and adaptable in dealing with new, different or changing requirements
- Maintain confidentiality and security of information
- Hold self and others accountable to accomplish results
- Effective in handling multiple concurrent tasks
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite, ability to learn and work with the school’s integrated data-based software package and online curriculum tools as needed
- Adhere to biblical standards in all areas of conduct
- Ability to lecture, and move freely about the classroom
- Able to make visual and auditory evaluation of student work and performance
The Bear Creek School is an equal opportunity employer and is required by law to perform background checks on selected qualified candidates. All employees of The Bear Creek School must agree to carry out their responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with The Bear Creek School’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Employee Handbook, and conduct themselves in a manner consistent with Biblical standards.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees and students.